Curriculum operations support team members share a common goal of supporting the work of faculty and staff in order to offer quality courses and programs to GRCC students.
The team oversees the alignment, coordination, and/or implementation of curriculum operations, including the catalog and course and program development, revision and review. They also support all curriculum-related college action projects, department action plans and teaching and learning quality model reports.
Membership represents all of the offices that support student degree completion through curriculum development:
- Sheila Jones, Katie Daniels, Matthew Novakoski and Debbie Dewent, Instructional Support
- Valerie Butterfield, Registrar
- Lynnae Selberg, Counseling and Career Center
- Jennifer Batten and Chris Johnston, School of Arts and Sciences
- Amy Koning, Julie Parks and Pam Miller, School of Workforce Development
- Raynard Ross, Student Success and Retention Services
- Eric Mullen, Enrollment Management and Financial Aid
- Paul Doane, Financial Aid and Scholarships
In the past year the team implemented the following policies:
- Substitutions and Waivers.
- Graduation Requirements.
- Industry Recognized Credentials and Test Credit.
- Challenge Exams and PLA.
The team also assisted with the development of:
- The 2017-18 GRCC college catalog.
- A process for accelerated program development.
- The revision of the curriculum model policy.
- The curricular aspects of the guided pathways initiative.
Throughout the next year this team plans to continue to:
- Implement curriculum-related policies as they are revised and approved through the academic governing council.
- Support the guided pathways initiative.
- Identify ways to ensure the smooth operations of curriculum processes.