Team members include:
- Vicki Janowiak, Operational Planning
- Jim Peterson, Financial Services & Risk Management
- Jeff Danner, School of Workforce Development
- Dan Groh, Physical Sciences
- Maria Herrera-Belmares, Human Resources
- Mansfield Matthewson, Purchasing
- Scott Martin, Facilities
- Rick Vanderveen, Ford Fieldhouse
- Becky Whitman, GRCC Campus Police
- Nick Pinckney, Manufacturing
- Dawn Zuidgeest-Craft, Nursing
- Infection Control Officer Kelli Fedder, Dental
As a result of the audit, the Risk Management Oversight team was established, and the Health and Safety team was formed as a sub-team of the Risk Management Oversight Team to:
- Assess health and safety needs.
- Update policies and procedures.
- Promote and monitor compliance and community responsibility.
The first major effort of the team was to update the Hazard Communication Policy. The team is now working on long overdue updates to the Chemical Hygiene and Lab Safety Policy and plan, and the Bloodborne Pathogens and Exposure Control Policy and plan. Future work will include completing the Communicable Disease Policy, and then taking the four policies to the college policy committee for approval.
Work in 2017-18 will also include:
- Implementing procedures and reporting requirements for each of the policies.
- Providing information online.
- Establishing review and monitoring process.