2017-18 Sault Tribe Higher Education Scholarships
Aug. 9, 2017; publicnow.com
Sault Tribe Higher Education is pleased to announce the 2017-18 Higher Education Scholarship recipients:
… Noah T. Leask Family Scholarship #36
Carter H. Frisch-Grand Rapids Community College, majoring in Business/Marketing, Freshman, Associates.
Rosencrantz and Guildenstern come alive with Heritage Theatre Group production
Aug. 10, 2017; MLive
Heritage Theatre Group’s gender-reversed production of “Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead,” an acclaimed existentialist tragicomedy Tom Stoppard that tells the story of what happened to the two ill-fated characters from Shakespeare’s Hamlet, opens tonight at Spectrum Theatre on Grand Rapids Community College’s campus. The local community theatre group has created a gender-reversed version of the play.
Join the Secchia Institute for Culinary Education as author and award-winning chef Rick Bayless engages in a conversation focused on the importance of food in building community. The evening, a collaboration with Beacon Hill at Eastgate, will feature the cuisine of several locally renowned chefs.
Held Thursday, August 31, 2017, in The Heritage Restaurant and GRCC Wisner-Bottrall Applied Technology Center.
VIP Ticket: $250 (includes private meet and greet reception with Rick Bayless that includes a photo opportunity, as well as, a seat for the dinner and conversation)
Dinner Only Ticket: $150 (features dinner and conversation with Rick Bayless)
To register, complete your RSVP and payment online.
Proceeds benefit GRCC Secchia Institute for Culinary Education student scholarships.
Attendance at a training session for the Konica Minolta printers counts towards professional development. You do not have to reserve the session in advance; a sign-in sheet will be available at the training location’s entrance.
For support please contact the IT Support Desk (x4357). To ask about deployment timing and training, or to provide feedback, please contact Olwen Urquhart (x3054).
Updated deployment schedule:
- Sneden/White Hall — Printers released for use.
- Administration building — Printers released for use.
- Mable Engle Hall — Printers released for use.
- Cook — Hardware has been installed; software is pending.
- College Park Plaza — Hardware has been installed; software is pending.
- Main — Printers released for use.
- ATC — Hardware has been installed; software has not been installed.
- Learning Center — Hardware is scheduled to be installed Aug. 11.
- Calkins Science Center — Hardware is scheduled to be installed Aug. 11.
- Ford Fieldhouse — Hardware is scheduled to be installed Aug. 14.
- Music Center — Hardware is scheduled to be installed Aug. 11.
- Preschool — Hardware is scheduled to be installed Aug. 14.
- Campus Police — Hardware is scheduled to be installed Aug. 14.
- Facilities — Printer delivery and hardware installation scheduled for Aug. 14.
- Spectrum Theater — Printer delivery is scheduled for Aug. 14.
- Student Center — Printers have been delivered; hardware is scheduled to be installed Aug. 15.
- Thompson M-TEC (plus other Lakeshore Campus locations) — Printers are scheduled to be delivered Aug. 14; hardware will be installed Aug. 16.
- Tassell M-TEC — Printers are scheduled to be delivered Aug. 14; hardware will be installed Aug. 16.
User training sessions:
- Tuesday, August 15, in the Calkins Science Center auditorium (third floor) from 10-11 a.m., 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 2-3 p.m.
- Thursday, August 17 in the Calkins auditorium from 10-11 a.m., 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 2-3 p.m.
- Friday, August 18, in the ATC auditorium from 10-11 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 22 in the Calkins auditorium (Student Lab Coordinator Training) starting at 10:30 a.m.
The August 17 session will be recorded and made available to GRCC employees as a supplementary training resource.
Some staff RaiderCards are experience log-in challenges, especially with cards that are a number of years old. If you cannot log in after several attempts, please consider asking for a replacement (at no charge).
In an attempt to reduce institutional printing costs, the new Konica Minoltas will not print a document that exceeds 200 pages. Large documents will need to be processed by GRCCePrint.
Temporary printers have been placed in the following locations:
- 215 ATC Open Computer Lab.
- 117 ATC Secchia Institute for Culinary Education office.
- Library’s first floor (existing black-and-white printer is not being replaced).
- Library’s second floor (west wall).
- 320 CSC Faculty Resources Room
- 106 CSC Biology Learning Lab.