The following policies have been updated or added and recently approved:
June 2017 Policy Meeting
6.14 Family Medical Leave Act
- Section X.E.1 – added the following verbiage at the end of the section:
Employees (CEBA, Meet & Confer, APSS, Campus Police) who do not return to work and have used leave banks that are advanced will be responsible for reimbursing the College all unearned leave banks.
6.20 Criminal Background Checks
- Policy statement revised for clarification. The statement is more inclusive and represents all of the groups who participate in background checks.
- Policy owner is now Executive Director of Human Resources.
- Added reference to volunteers in several sections.
- Added reference to out-of-state background checks.
- Out-of-state background checks are conducted as needed. Separate HR procedures apply for any person denied as a result of the check.
- Added a section within procedures for current employees who may be convicted of a crime.
- If a current employee is convicted of a felony or misdemeanor, they must report conviction to the Exec Director of Human Resources.
Note: We do not conduct random checks on current employees. This new section in procedures helps to confirm that we are doing everything we can to keep our campus safe for students and our employees.
- Added a section within procedures for inviting former employees and guests with known criminal backgrounds to campus for events or speaking opportunities.
- As stated in this section, it is not our intention to complete a check on all guests, but we do have a duty to keep our campus safe and will review concerns with appropriate campus leaders.
11.22 Economic Development Participation
- Section X. Added C. – which allows us to consider not recommending “opting out” of new or expanded tax capture districts where there is an opportunity to participate in a gain-sharing agreement of at least 10% of the district’s tax-increment proceeds.
(NEW) 10.6 Withdrawal and Return of Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA) Funds
- Department of Defense is requiring that our institution have a return of funds policy available for students to view regarding return of Federal Tuition Assistance.
14.13 Communicable Diseases
- Updates names of relevant documents and website links
- Updates contact titles
- Updates the language to specifically include students, as well as employees
- Provides specificity on reporting responsibilities for both students and employees
- Updates the authoritative sources for reporting guidelines
- Clarifies role of the Health & Safety sub-team
- Clarifies persons responsible for external communication
12.9 Facility and Ground Use
- Added “and Ground Use” to policy name
- Expanded reason for policy to include guidance on use of building and grounds
- Entities affected by policy – Added GRCC Athletics and GRCC Student Life Organizations
- Scheduling hierarchy – Added Athletics and Student Life Organizations
- Fees – added (c) – External/third party involvement, and the extent to which the event and any related revenues/fees are managed by the third party
- Added under X. Procedures:
When in the best interest of GRCC, the President or his/her designee may approve exceptions to procedures, fees, or requests for waivers, on a non-precedent-setting basis.
The College reserves the right to cancel any event for circumstances beyond its control and/or reasonable cause, or deny and make additional restrictions when in the best interest of the College.
For more information, visit the policy website.