The following policies have been updated or added and recently approved:
July 2017 Policy Meeting
8.7 Student Email Policy – no changes
6.18 Acceptable Use of Technology Policy
- 1. Procedures: Users shall not intentionally damage or disable computing, telecommunication equipment or software or circumvent user authentication or security.
15.2 Web Accessibility Policy
- Policy Statement: Clarifies that new content must conform to specific standards; currently-existing content will be evaluated for compliance and remediated.
- Contacts: Added Communications Director
- A. Added position and definition of Accessibility Advocate- trained staff/faculty who assists with training and helps respond to accessibility concerns/needs
- C. Added different terms for types of content ownership, to include Department Owner, and Web Editor.
- D. Added definition of Web Content, specifying it includes Blackboard content
- A. Added role of Web Monitor, to coordinate accessibility monitoring through IT and guide remediation plans, where needed.
- B. Clarifying compliance roles, including Web Monitor, Department Owners, and Web Editors, and identifying Director of EO Compliance as assisting in advising on training needs and responding to specific concerns.
- C. Detailing monitoring procedures to include Web Monitor running auditing software and maintaining documentation of results. Also provides complaints may be directed to Communications Department of Director of EO Compliance.
- D. Outlines training programs through CTE and requires Web Editors to participate in one training course annually. Also provides for Accessibility Advocates, who will be trained faculty/staff available to assist other faculty/staff in responding to accessibility concerns.
- E. Remediation: Provides that remediation plans will be created by the Web Monitor in response to concerns raised through electronic audit or complaints. Web Monitor, with input where needed, will create timeline and monitor compliance with plan. Resources will be provided through CTE, DLIT, IT, etc. Any issues with failures to comply with the remediation plan will be resolved by the Director of EO Compliance, consulting with Department Owners and their supervisors. If plan is not followed, Web Monitor and Communications Department will consult with Director of EO Compliance and any appropriate supervisors about need to remove content. If remediation is not possible, the Web Editor is responsible for providing alternate access to information.
- Policy History: Updated to reflect changes.
For more information, visit the policy website.