The following policies have been updated or added and recently approved:
September 2017 Policy Meeting
6.4 Sexual Misconduct Policy
- A.: Policy Statement: Added clarity around Sexual Misconduct definition, including policy goals.
- F: Provided contact info for Counseling and Career Development office; updated office name.
- G: Edited “Classroom Speech” section to provide more clarity around considerations (relevance, purpose, context of content).
- VIII: Contacts: Removed Athletic Director and Associate Director of Student Success, so contact list is more specific; added Labor and EO Generalist information.
- G: Consent Definition: Clarified purposes for which we use this definition (any investigation of a policy violation)
- H. and O: Added definition of Independent Contractor and Volunteer to mirror Criminal Background Check policy.
- A.2: Expanded explanation of what is included in our programming.
- A. 3 & 4: Expanded Bystander Intervention and Risk Reduction language to include suggestions for students in these areas; including tips for bystander (intervention and risk reduction).
- B: Made gender-specific language more inclusive; added specific contact info for Title IX Coordinator and specific info re: law enforcement jurisdiction.
- B.2: Procedures the college will follow. Previously this was one list; divided into chart form and separated out into different violations (sexual assault, domestic and dating violence, stalking, sexual harassment/exploitation, etc.) Added detail as to what written information college will provide for any violation. Also provided more information about protective measures and how to request them.
- 5: Provision of resources; added more info for “Procedures victims should follow” and added new resources for victims. Added chart of resources available, one chart with on-campus info and one for off-campus.
- 6: Added general statement about transparency of investigations; added clarity around who may be an advisor in process.
- 8: Added more info about sanction determination, and how we get to that decision; included steps in process, anticipated timeline, and list of considerations.
- 9: Clarified appeal language to point to appropriate process (employee contract/handbook or student code of conduct).
- Updated policy history to reflect these changes.
6.24 Drug and Alcohol Abuse and Prevention Policy
- Section III – Updated language to include “sale”. Updated language to include “or non-work time on campus at our Fountain Hill Brewery and Heritage Restaurant.
- Section VII – Added “Abuse” to Drug and Alcohol Prevention Program
- Section IX.A.3. Added “This includes synthetic drugs”
- Section IX.D.3. Updated language to include “or non-work time on campus at our Fountain Hill Brewery and Heritage Restaurant.
- Section X.B.
- moved volunteers to new section X.E.
- Updated language from “substance abuse test” to Laboratory drug screen”
- Moved paragraphs beginning with “Individuals whose work performance…” to new section X.C.
- Added additional language to X.C. on the multiple corrective action sanctions
- Section X.D. Action to be taken for suspected use or abuse by students…Added “For progressive discipline see Student Code of Conduct”
- Section X.E. added “and/or referred to law enforcement authorities”
For more information, visit the policy website.