We are seeking passionate students for the GRCC Honors Program. Interested students will enroll in HNR 101 – Introduction to Honors this coming Winter semester. Students admitted into the Honors Program will received a scholarship to cover the cost of this 1-credit course.
The Honors Program at Grand Rapids Community College will stretch you intellectually, interpersonally, and culturally to help you achieve your academic and personal goals. Our Honors Program is a small community of highly motivated students who want more out of their college experience. Success in this program is not only measured by academic performance, degree completion or transfer, but also includes building collaborative relationships with faculty and peers.
- Unique opportunities to learn alongside influential college leaders such as the president, provost, and even local leaders like the mayor of Grand Rapids.
- Combined service learning and Study Away experiences in which you will find ways to serve and explore other communities.
- The opportunity to create a scholarship project showcasing your individual passions, and the opportunity to present your work at local, regional or national conferences.
- Dedicated advisors to help you develop clear pathways to degree completion and/or a successful transfer to a four-year institution.
- A competitive edge for transfer and employment applications upon completion.
- Scholarship award for program completion (up to $500).
- Complete and submit the online program application.