Winter weather is here!
Take three steps to make sure you are prepared.
- Get the message.
a. Notifications of closings and delayed starts will be sent to your email, via text to your cell phone and via automated message to your phone.
b. Make sure you will receive those messages by logging in to your Online Center and making sure your cell phone number is listed as “mobile,” and your preferred email address is listed.
- Know the difference between “GRCC – Delay,” “GRCC Closed – DAY Classes,” and “GRCC – Closed”
a. “GRCC – Delay” means:
– Campus Police and Custodial staff are to report as scheduled.
– Faculty and Staff report at 10 a.m.
– Classes or activities that begin at 11 a.m. or later will be held as scheduled.
b. “GRCC – Closed” means
– Cancellation of all GRCC day and evening classes and activities on all campuses.
c. “GRCC Closed – DAY Classes” means:
– Cancellation of all GRCC day classes and activities on all campuses
– The determination to open for the evening will be made by 2 p.m.
– Second shift Campus Police and Custodial staff report as scheduled.
– Library staff report at 5 p.m.
– Classes that begin 6 p.m. or later will be held as scheduled.
– Certain academic departments will need additional protocol to handle implications.