We only offer one session of the Online and Hybrid Certification Course during the summer, and it is done before the 4th of July. Sign up today!
The OHCC is designed to provide instructors with the knowledge and skills needed to deliver a high-quality online/hybrid course. Successful participants will also be able to teach effectively online through active facilitation and a variety of student engagement techniques and technologies. Training in Blackboard Basics (on the latest version of the LMS) is a prerequisite. Blackboard Basics may be taken online in a self-paced format or in-person on Friday, May 11th from 10:30 am-noon.
The OHCC is a six (6) week, rigorous course that includes weekly participation and assignment requirements. This training is much more than “Blackboard training,” as it includes elements of instructional design and strategies for building, developing, sequencing, and delivering online content. When you are done, you will have a template for your online and/or hybrid course. You must complete the course, including the assignments for all six weeks, for certification. This includes the completion of your final presentation.
- Attend the Friday session if they do not complete the previous week’s assignments.
- Watch a Relay recording if they do not attend the campus session.
- Complete all online assignments (e.g. reading, discussions, learning activities).
- Post content to an empty/template course in Blackboard.
- Complete assessments or self-assessments.
- Make a final presentation and submit a course evaluation.
The campus sessions are on Fridays from 1:00-2:30 pm in 351 Main and virtually using Zoom. This is a hybrid course (online course with some classroom instruction). However, you are not required to attend these Friday sessions if the previous week’s work is completed. Those who do not attend will watch a video of the campus session.
You can register online.