There is still time for students to join the Honors Program this fall! Students begin the program every fall by taking Honors 101, a 1-credit course offered in a 7-week format. The next section starts Wednesday, October 17th.
The Honors Program at Grand Rapids Community College helps students achieve their academic and personal goals. Our honors program is a small community of highly motivated students who want more out of their college experience. Success in this program is not only measured by academic performance, degree completion, or transfer; it includes building collaborative relationships with faculty and peers.
- Unique opportunities to learn alongside influential college and community leaders.
- The opportunity to create a collaborative research project.
- A dedicated advisor to help each student develop a clear pathway to degree completion and/or a successful transfer to a four-year institution.
- A competitive edge for transfer and employment applications upon completion.
- Scholarship award for program completion (up to $750).
Interested students must complete and submit the online program application. Upon submission of the application, the student will meet with one of our staff to discuess what it means to be a student in the Honors Program in terms of participation and completion.
If this is an experience any students you know are looking for, encourage them to apply today! Students can visit our web page to learn more about the unique courses and experiences offered as part of participating in the Honors Program.