2018 W-2 Availability
- Electronic W-2’s will be made available to employees who have given consent by January 15, 2019.
- Paper W-2’s will be mailed to employees who have not given consent to receive them electronically on January 31, 2019. Paper W-2’s will not be available for pick up in Human Resources.
Verify Your Personal Information
- Verify your personal information through GRCC self-service by following the instructions found on the Human Resources Year End page. Any personal information changes should be emailed to Human Resources at email@example.com no later than January 4, 2019 to be reflected on your 2018 W-2.
Update your Tax Withholding Forms
- Complete new city tax form(s) if you moved in or out of the cities of Grand Rapids or Walker.
- New 2019 tax forms should be completed if your filing status or exemption allowances have changed.
- If you are currently claiming exempt, to not have any withholding for Federal or State taxes, you are required to complete a new 2019 W-4 no later than February 1, 2019.
- 2019 tax forms will be available in January on the Payroll web page.
1095-C Tax Form
- All benefited employees will receive a tax form 1095-C from Next Generation Enrollment (NGE) in the mail. The form contains information regarding Employer-Provided Health Insurance Offer and Coverage that you may need to report as part of your 2018 tax return.
For Informational Purposes Only
- The 2019 Social Security tax rate is schedule to remain 6.2%, and the Medicare tax rate remains 1.45%.
- The 2019 social security wage base will increase to $132,900.00.
- The 2019 limitation for elective deferrals under a 403(b) or 457(b) will increase to $19,000 and the additional catch up provision for individuals age 50 and over will remain $6,000.00.