What is it?
Think extended quiet study hours in the library, smiling tutors and librarians, stress-relieving workshops, along with beverages and snacks to keep study strength up and stress levels down!
When is it?
- Monday, December 3 – Sunday, December 9
- EXTENDED WEEKEND hours: 10 a.m. – 10 p.m. on both Saturday, December 8, and Sunday, December 9
ALSO! Be sure to take advantage of the fun and relaxing (and free!) workshops that will be held during the week:
Monday (12/3) 12–12:30 p.m.
- Weekly Mindfulness Meditation: This week’s practice will be a loving-kindness meditation, which cultivates feelings of kindness and compassion for ourselves and others. Regular practice is known to increase experiences of positive emotions such as joy, gratitude, hope, and love.
Wednesday (12/5) 10–10:30 a.m.
- The Mountain Meditation: This guided visualization promotes feelings of calm grounding, inner strength, and stability in the midst of challenging circumstances and stress.
Thursday (12/6) 10:30–11 a.m.
- Body Scan Meditation: In this guided meditation, we bring our awareness to each part of the body, sequentially and then as a whole, non – judgmentally, with opportunities to soften any tension found along the way. Many people find this produces deep physical relaxation and a sense of mental calm.
Wednesday (12/5) 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Feeling stressed about final exams? Treat yourself to a free make & take weaving workshop with Jennifer Ackerman-Haywood, host of the CraftSanity Podcast and GRCC adjunct journalism professor. Bring an open mind and good vibes. No experience necessary. Looms and yarn will be provided.
More information is available on the GRCC Library and Learning Commons Exam Cram page.