All are welcome to join the CTE for Race, Gender & You: A Four-Part Dialogue for Increasing Workplace Cultural Competency
- Day/Dates: Fridays, March 15, 22, 29, April 12
- Time: 9.30-11am
- Place: 347 Main
- Registration Deadline: Tuesday, February 19, 2019
- Katrina Kalisz
- Mursalata Muhammad
This workshop uses dialogue to improve campus climate by increasing the cultural competency of each participant.
Facilitators will establish a safe environment that invites open dialogue. Participants will use four primary readings as the foundation for dialogue around topics that include but are not limited to: race, gender, authenticity, class, body-image, diversity, ethnicity, inclusion, power, and socio-economics.
The facilitators will help create dialogue among participants by using inquiry and compassionate listening.
Participants agree to
- Read discussion materials before each group dialogue session
- Attend four 90-minute dialogue sessions
- Submit an anonymous reflection about her/his participation in the workshop