DEADLINE: Thursday, April 18, 2019
This travel award is for fun, enjoyment, and relaxation. It is not intended to supplement any faculty, staff, or administrator’s professional development travel funds. A cash award of up to $400 will be given to any full or part-time GRCC employee who completes the following requirements and has his or her essay judged the best to fulfill the employee’s intention to relax, enjoy and have fun.
- Submit an essay (500 words or less) telling how you intend to use the cash award for fun, enjoyment, relaxation. The more unusual, the better!
- Essays will not be judged on spelling, writing style, organization, usage, or grammar. They will be judged on creativity.
Steps for turning in your application for the Van Marinus Swets Travel Award:
- Do not put your name on the essay.
- Write your GRCC employee ID number in the upper right corner of the first page of your essay.
- Attach an envelope to your essay containing the following:
- On the outside of the envelope, write your GRCC employee ID number.
- Inside the sealed envelope, place your business card or contact information.
- Send you application to Mary Reed in the GRCC Foundation Office.
- Submit your application by 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, April 18.
All award winners will be notified by Wednesday, April 24.
For more information, contact Mary Reed at (616) 234-3930 or email@example.com.