- Dr. Laurie Chesley to Step Down From GRCC Provost Position For New Role
- 4/4/19 ccnewsnow.com
- Dr. Laurie Chesley, provost and executive vice president for academic and student affairs at Grand Rapids Community College has announced that she will step down from her role at the end of the school year to become a college president.
At our last healthcare consortium meeting, we all agreed that we should switch our dental/vision reimbursement program from a fiscal year to a calendar year basis. (Thank you to our health care consortium members who have asked good questions and provided us input on our benefit programs!)
Switching to a calendar year makes the most sense… this will be consistent with our health plan and it will be much easier for those employees who have flexible spending accounts to coordinate in a calendar year!
To make the transition between fiscal year to calendar year for a January 1, 2020 implementation, we have approval to move in the following direction:
|Benefit-eligible employees…||Reimbursement available:||Notes:|
|Start date prior to 7/1/2019
OR start date between 7/1/2019 and 11/30/2019
Note: Start date of 12/1/2019 allows benefits to begin on 1/1/2020.
|$3,750||Six month and twelve month allocation. This amount would be available 7/1/2019 through 12/31/2020.|
|Start date on or after 12/1/2019||$2,500||“Regular” twelve month allocation. This amount will be available through 12/31/2020.|
|All eligible employees….as of 1/1/2021….||$2,500||… and each calendar year thereafter. (unless changed in collective bargaining agreements or handbook)|
All union leaders have signed off on an MOU for this switch to a calendar year. The company we use, ASR, is prepared for our transition plan.
The Human Resources website has been updated to include information about the dental/vision reimbursement program as well as this transition.
Marty DeVries and Cathy (with the help of Media department) created a video to help explain the changes:
If you would like to attend a short information session to ask Q&A’s, please attend any of the following:
- Tuesday, April 16, 10-10:45 a.m. – SCC 234 Multipurpose Room
- Monday, April 22, 2-2:45 p.m. – ATC 168 Auditorium
If you have any questions about the transition to a calendar year or our dental/vision reimbursement program, please give us a call:
- Maria Belmares-Herrera, (616) 234-4052
- Debra Davis, (616) 234-4175
- Cathy Kubiak, (616) 234-3971
GRCC ANNUAL STUDENT ART EXHIBITION
- Location: Paul Collins Gallery
- Duration: April 8-19, 2019
- Opening Reception: Monday, April 8, 6-8 p.m. in the Paul Collins Art Gallery
The exhibition displays the best artwork GRCC students have created over the last year. The artworks are from all areas of the visual arts department. Join us to support the the creativity and imagination of our talented artists at GRCC!