Please tell students – to anyone who missed the opportunity to decorate their cap at GradFest, there will be another chance!
- DATE: April 16, 2019
- TIME: 9-11 a.m. and 2-5 p.m.
- LOCATION: Room 137, Library Commons
Supplies will be available.
Harbor Springs’ Kruskie earns prestigious GRCC award
4/9/19 Petoskey News
Harbor Springs’ Stephanie Kruskie earned one of the highest honors for a Grand Rapids Community College athlete last week.
Logging into the GRCC Google Pilot environment is highly encouraged for you to become familiarized with the features and layout of Gmail.
If you use multiple Google accounts (such as a personal account and a work account,) it’s recommended that you set up Chrome profiles in your Google Chrome browser to switch between them quickly. This is especially useful, as it will help separate your pilot account from your GRCC production account during both the training and months leading up to the go-live date.
With profiles, you can keep all your Chrome info separate, like bookmarks, history, passwords, and other settings.
Profiles are ideal for:
- Sharing a computer with multiple people.
- Keeping your different accounts, like work and personal, separate.
You may also view our Knowledge Base resources about creating a work Chrome profile, syncing GRCC Chrome profiles, and other helpful Google topics.
What happens when you sync:
- You can see and update your synced info on all your devices, like bookmarks, history, passwords, and other settings.
- You’ll sign in automatically to Gmail, YouTube, Search, and other Google services. If you were signed in before turning on sync, you’ll stay signed in.
- If you change devices (like if you lose your phone or get a new laptop), you’ll get all your info back.
- You’ll personalize your experience in other Google products by including your Chrome history with your Web & App Activity.
Note: You can only sign-in and sync your data with your GRCC credentials. Syncing is disabled for all other accounts.
Turn on sync
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click the Profile icon
- If you’re already signed in with your Google Account, this will be your account photo.
- Click Turn on sync Turn on.
If you’re not signed in, you’ll have to sign in to your Google Account to turn on sync.
Join us April 9 for the Center for Teaching Excellence’s Annual Faculty Showcase and Faculty Appreciation. This is a “poster/exhibit type” event and is designed as an informal opportunity to see how your peers are using innovative teaching practices in the classroom. There will also be refreshments, free chair massages, and chances to win GRCC swag!
- LOCATION: Main 308, 310 (SAS Conference Room), 347, and 351
- DATE: Tuesday, April 9, 2019
- TIME: 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
Please mark your calendars and join us for this awesome event!
A special thank you to all of our presenters…
- Steven Putt – GRCC Library OneSearch
- Vicki Meyers – Bringing Live Simulation to the Classroom with Streaming Video
- Tari Mattox – Fire and Ice: Bringing the Real World into the Classroom
- Kelly Webber – G Suite Transition information
- Tracy Payne – Student Records Quick Reference
- Garry Brand – A New and Improved Techsmith Relay
- Lora Blumenstein – Mind Mapping-Opening up the Possibilities
- Dustin Altschul – Virtual Reality in Interior Design Exploration
- Holly Christopher – Graduate Student…Again. But Online.
- Melissa Boman – Early Childhood Technology
- Melanie Schiele Gady – Honors Project – How Exercise Improves Body Function
- Anna Maria Clark – Retention through Research! A Successful Partnership Between a 4-Year Institution and a Community College that inspired First Generation/Low Income Students to Consider Research a Viable Academic Avenue
GRCC’s Winter 2019 Sheriff’s Corrections Academy Graduation takes place TODAY, April 9, at 1 p.m. in the Applied Technology Center (ATC) Auditorium – Room 168.
Please join us in celebrating our Sheriff’s Corrections Academy recruits achievements.
We hope to see you there!