At times it may be helpful to allow others to read or send emails on your behalf. In GroupWise this was known as Proxy access. Gmail allows you to grant someone access to do this by adding a Delegate User.
- Open Gmail
- You can’t add delegates from the Gmail app
- In the top right, click Settings
- Click the Accounts and Import or Accounts tab
- In the Grant access to your account section, click Add another account
- Enter the email address of the person you want to add
- Click Next Step > Send email to grant access
- The person you added will get an email asking them to confirm.
- It may take up to 24 hours for you to see them as a delegate after they confirm.