ImageNow (Perceptive Content) will be upgraded Thursday evening, May 16.
The upgrade will take place from 6 p.m. until midnight. During this time, ImageNow, including the submission and viewing of LOAs, will be unavailable. Also, notifications for timesheet submissions done during this time may be delayed.
As part of this upgrade WebNow will be replaced with eDocs, a modern way to interact with ImageNow.
eDocs still requires a network connection but no longer runs on Java, so you can now access your documents and approve time sheets from any web browser on campus, including your phone. Attached you can find documentation for general tips on using eDocs. For documentation on time sheets and LOAs please see https://grcc.edu/humanresources/forms/payrollforms and https://grcc.edu/humanresources/applicationforleaveofabsence
ImageNow Desktop client users
If you use the ImageNow desktop client, please leave your computer on after leaving for the day on Thursday so that the new client version can be installed. You will not be able to log into ImageNow until your client has been updated.
If your computer is off overnight or goes to sleep, the client should start installing automatically when you log in the next morning. You can check its progress by going to the Start Menu and searching for the Software Center. If the new 7.2.3 client hasn’t started installing you can start the upgrade manually as well. It should take about 20 minutes to install and will require a machine reboot afterwards.
After the client is updated your local preferences will be reset to the default values. If you had a list of frequently used queues that always showed up after logging into the client, you can add these back by going to Settings and then Options. From here you can go to the Toolbar option on the left, click the Message Center tab, and then select which queues you want to see.
Please contact IT Support at x4357 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you use any additional ImageNow printers besides the standard one or if your client is not installing properly.
- Additional documentation can be found at https://docs.hyland.com/Experience/en_US/Portal/Help.htm
- eDocs separates the viewing of documents from basic workflow routing. Click on Documents to search for documents, including your timesheets and leave of absences. Click on Workflow to process document queues and approve time sheets.
- At any time click on the home icon to return to the home page
- Return to the previous list of documents, either views or workflow queues: When viewing a document, click on the arrow pointing backwards.
- Add a stamp or other annotation: When viewing a document in workflow, click on the pencil icon and click “Create
Annotation.” Click on the document where the annotation should go. Select annotation type; click “Add.”
- Route the document forward to another queue: When viewing a document in workflow, click on the icon of a page with an arrow pointing forwards and then select the queue to route it to. If there is only one option for where the document can be routed forward to, the document will be automatically routed once this icon is clicked.
- Route the document upstream to a previous queue: When viewing a document in workflow, click on the icon of a page with an arrow pointing backwards and then select the queue to route it back to. Even if there is only one option for where the document can be routed back to, you will need to click again to select the queue.
- Show or hide Thumbnails on the left side of the screen: Click the grid icon to toggle this view.
- Show or hide Related Documents at the bottom of the screen: Click the document icon to toggle this view
- Show or hide Document Properties on the right side of the screen: Click the information icon to toggle this view.