Laptop vending machine planned for Crown
Nov. 24, 2019; Evanston Now (Ill.)
The library at the new Robert Crown Community Center will offer a vending machine that patrons can use to check out laptop computers for use in the building, assuming Evanston aldermen approve the $27,390 purchase Monday night.
… Library vending machines for computers have been around for several years and have been used at locations ranging from Drexel University in Philadelphia and Grand Rapids Community College in Michigan to the San Francisco Public Library.
GRCC faculty – do you have students in your class who would benefit from being immersed into a community of students who not only want to earn a degree, but gain skills and experience to help them have a competitive edge when transferring or for their next job?
Please encourage your students to apply to the GRCC Honors Program.
Students can apply online.
Students participating in the program will:
- Receive (2) scholarships of $250 dollars.
- Have access to a dedicated advisor and resources.
- Have access to newly renovated space designed for individual study and group meetings.
- Participate in courses and activities that develop leadership, research, and community engagement skills.
- Be provided an enhanced learning experience in your courses through creating collaborative projects with faculty on topics you’re interested in.
- Have the opportunity to attend a professional conference.
Most importantly, what students can do with what they know is the most critical outcome of the Honors Program. Program completion involves students working in a group environment to prepare and present a research project linking knowledge or skills acquired in work, community or research with knowledge acquired in one or more fields of study, and collectively communicating thier findings through a structured oral presentation.
Examples of group research projects include:
- Creating a marketing campaign on how the simple act of not using plastic straws can have a significant effect on our environment.
- Creating a community garden on campus to support our Food Pantry.
- Educating homeowners on helpful ways to reduce biocides.
- Creating an educational video for kids teaching them the food cycle.
You can find more information online or contact Michael Schavey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanksgiving Week Hours (11/25 – 11/29)
Raider Grille Closed all week
Quiet Café open Monday November 25th 7:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
Breakfast served 7:30 a.m.-10:00 a.m.
Closed 11/26 through 11/29
Sneden Cafe will be closed November 25th through January 13th, 2020