Community colleges are a vital component of the higher education ecosystem and of the academic humanities in particular. Mellon/American Council of Learned Societies Community College Faculty Fellowships support the research ambitions of humanities and social science faculty who teach at two-year institutions. Community college faculty in all disciplines of the humanities or related social sciences are welcome to apply. The applicant’s ultimate goal should be to advance a research project, and the project’s outcomes may include one or more of the following: scholarly articles, book chapters, or book on a topic in the humanities or social sciences and/or teaching and learning in those disciplines; course plans; textbooks; exhibitions; community or campus events; online resources; etc. Projects with pedagogical or curricular outcomes must focus on a postsecondary context.
- Stipend: up to $40,000 to be used for any activities that advance the proposed research project.
- Fellows must expend the fellowship funds between July 1, 2021, and December 31, 2022.
- Fellows will attend a convening hosted by ACLS in fall 2022 to share their research.
- The application deadline is September 30, 2020.
- Notifications will be sent via email by April 2021.