On Monday morning, August 24, all of PeopleSoft, which includes the Student and Faculty Online Centers, will be down for required maintenance. The updates will start at 6:00 a.m. and finish by 8:00 a.m.
It’s that time: Volunteers are needed to help with the Information Station for the first three days of the semester, Aug. 31 to Sept. 2. As you know, volunteers at the Information Stations help our students feel welcome and find their way on the first few days of classes. This is especially important this year.
Things are looking a bit different this year:
- Based on the number of students on campus this semester, we are only running one information station, on the Olivarez Plaza.
- Shifts are 2 hours long (instead of one hour) to decrease the number of volunteers coming and going and minimize the spread of germs.
- Although we will be outside, masks are required while working at the information station.
- We will have two tables/chairs set up at the info. station, covered by a 12’x12′ tent. Every shift is covered by two people. Each volunteer will have their own table/chair facing opposite directions to account for appropriate social distancing.
- There will be plexiglas barriers at both tables.
- Instead of having a binder of information that everyone thumbs through, a Google doc. will have all relevant information. This will allow us to keep information up-to-date as things change.
- Please plan on using your GRCC-issued laptop or tablet to access the Google doc. of information (again, to minimize the spread of germs). There will be power at the tent in the event you need to charge your device!
- We will have printed maps on hand but will not have a bowl of candy or other refreshments. (To minimize the spread of germs… are you noticing the trend?!) Please plan on bringing your own water and snacks.
- There will be hand sanitizer at each table. We will also have antibacterial wipes so the table can be wiped down at the end of each shift.
You can sign up online.
Vicinity Energy has a planned steam shutdown on Saturday from 6 a.m. until noon for pipe repairs on Division Avenue. The Learning Center, Ford Fieldhouse and Calkins Science air conditioning will be down during this time.