Show your GRCC Raider Pride and spread the word about the new Futures for Frontliners scholarship program! It provides free community college tuition to frontline and essential workers who worked during the pandemic.
Eligible frontline industry examples include – but are not limited to — food and agriculture; healthcare and public health; critical manufacturing; communications and information technology, including news media; law enforcement, public safety, and first responders; public works; and transportation and logistics.
Those workers who qualify will:
- Be a Michigan resident.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent (ex: GED).
- Have worked in an essential industry at least part-time for 11 of the 13 weeks between April 1- June 30, 2020.
- Have been required by their job to work outside the home at least some of the time between April 1 – June 30, 2020*.
- Not have previously earned an associate or bachelor’s degree.
- Not be in default on a Federal student loan.
- Complete a Futures for Frontliners scholarship application by 11:59 p.m. on December 31, 2020.
Spread the word!
Let your network know about this great opportunity by sharing it on your social network.
Here is a draft, use it or make it your own!
Want a FREE community college education? If you were a frontline worker (in healthcare, grocery stores, banks and more) during the pandemic you may qualify. Check out the list of critical industries to see if your job is on it! If you live in Kent County visit https://www.grcc.edu/futuresforfrontliners
If you are a Michigander (and not in Kent County) visit https://www.michigan.gov/Frontliners