We are preparing to launch a redesigned grcc.edu! This is the first time in 10 years we’ve had a comprehensive redesign of our website, and we can’t do it without your help and patience.
What to know about the redesign:
- Your web content may start to look different. For example, you may see some content shift from that right sidebar to the main section of your pages, etc. This is prep work that will help us migrate your current content to the new site.
- After Dec. 4, we’re asking editors to hold off on large-scale content updates. If you have an event date/time that needs to change, for example, we encourage you to make that update! But if you want to redo your entire department’s content architecture, we’re asking you to hold off until January, after we launch. Starting Dec. 4, our team will need to apply each change published on our current site to the new site we’re working on behind-the-scenes. Your partnership is much needed and appreciated, and helps us avoid having to go into a “content freeze.”
- We may need to make decisions that affect your content as we launch the site. Our website has more than 3,000 webpages! Unfortunately, we wouldn’t be able to accomplish this work if we met with departments on each webpage prior to launch, but we are here to support and collaborate with you as we make these updates.
- No content will be removed and no significant content changes will be made without your explicit consent.
- We’ll have multiple back-ups of the website as a best practice and so we can provide extra confidence that nothing should be lost during this process.
- Web editor training will be here soon. Stay tuned! And thank you for your patience in the meantime.
- Anticipated launch date: Dec. 31, 2020.
- We are here to support you! If you have any questions, concerns or want to help us celebrate — let us know! Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your continued partnership. We’re almost there! 🙂