Kelly Webber and Mandy Tomlinson are featured in the case study Human-Centered Design Helps Grand Rapids Community College Engage with IT Users More Effectively written by TeamDynamix (TDX). Both co-presented at the TDX Conference last June regarding the highlighted ongoing project to improve GRCC’s IT Service portal and user engagement. TeamDynamix, is GRCC’s Service and Project management platform used amongst IT and our Web and Digital Strategy teams.
Daily Archives: January 5, 2021
Dr. Michael Eric Dyson headlines the 2021 Diversity Lecture Series
For over twenty-five years, the series has provided GRCC and Grand Rapids stakeholders with access to society’s most prolific scholars, thought-leaders, activists, and innovative artists.
We are delighted to host Dr. Dyson and invite you to be a part of the experience. The virtual lecture will take place on Wednesday, January 27 at 6 p.m. RSVP through the ODEI Eventbrite page: GRCCequity.eventbrite.com
GRCC partners with GVSU and Davenport University for the 35th Annual Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration.
The event, hosted by Grand Valley State University, will be held virtually on Monday, January 18, 2021, at 6:30 pm. The keynote speaker, Yamiche Alcindor, is a White House correspondent for PBS NewsHour.
Register for the event at Yamiche Alcindor: “The Legacy of MLK: Purpose, Truth and Justice”
GRCC Blood Drive – Thursday, January 28
The blood donation bus is set to be on campus from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. Donors will all receive the same $10 e-gift card, as well as COVID-19 antibody testing on successful donations too.
Getting the vaccine does impact donations a bit – in that donors need to wait 48 hours after getting vaccinated before giving.
Condolences to family, friends of Dave Hager
GRCC sends its condolences to the family and friends of former professor and counselor David Hager, who passed away on Dec. 29 at age 87.
Dr. Hager served his country in Korea, then gained three degrees from Michigan State University. He began his career teaching high school math and biology in the Lansing area and then at Creston High School.
He began teaching psychology and counseling students at what was then Grand Rapids Junior College in 1966, and stayed with the college 33 years. In 1974, Dave was awarded the Douglas Blocksma award for excellence in counseling.
Dr. Hager was an avid gardener, dancer and traveler – visiting all seven continents and 65 countries. A celebration of his life is planned for summer 2021.
Important 2020 year end payroll information
2020 W-2 Availability
- Electronic W-2’s will be made available to employees who have given consent by January 15, 2021.
- Paper W-2’s will be mailed to employees who have not given consent to receive them electronically on January 29, 2021. Paper W-2’s will not be available for pick up in Human Resources.
Verify Your Personal Information
- Verify your personal information through GRCC self-service by following the instructions found at http://www.grcc.edu/payrollandbenefits/forms/yearend. Any personal information changes should be emailed to Human Resources at email@example.com no later than January 6, 2021 to be reflected on your W-2.
Update your Tax Withholding Forms
- NEW 2021 tax forms will be available in January on the payroll web page at https://www.grcc.edu/humanresources/forms/payrollforms. New tax forms should be completed if:
- You moved in or out of the cities of Grand Rapids or Walker.
- Your filing status has changed.
- You are currently claiming exempt, to not have any withholding for Federal or State taxes, you are required to complete a new 2021 W-4 no later than February 5, 2021.
1095-C Tax Form
- All benefited employees will receive a tax form 1095-C from PlanSource in the mail. You do not need this form to file your tax return, but you should keep this form with your tax records.
For Informational Purposes Only
- The 2021 Social Security tax rate is schedule to remain 6.2%, and the Medicare tax rate remains 1.45%.
- The 2021 social security wage base will increase to $142,800.00.
- The 2021 limitation for elective deferrals under a 403(b) or 457(b) will remains unchanged at $19,500 and the additional catch up provision for individuals age 50 and over remains unchanged at $6,500.00, for a total of $26,000.00
January learning opportunities
Active Shooter Response Training ~ Wednesday, January 13 (*in person* — 212 Cook)
25Live Pro ~ Thursday, January 14
Evidence Based Selection Process ~ Thursday, January 14
Redefine Work Life Balance ~ Friday, January 15
How Stress Affects our Physical & Mental Health ~ Monday, January 18
Resumes & Cover Letters ~ Tuesday, January 19
Google Forms ~ Thursday, January 21
Mindfulness Made Simple ~ Friday, January 22
GRCC Accounts Explained ~ Friday, January 22
Accessibility Basics ~ Monday, January 25
Google Tips & Tricks ~ Wednesday, January 27
Be Kind to Your Mind ~ Friday, January 29
Visit our Learning Opportunities Registration page to see session descriptions, times, and to enroll in learning opportunities that interest you.