Vacation hours are available for use from July 1 of the current fiscal year through December 31 of the following fiscal year.
As of December 31, employees are allowed to have their current fiscal year accrual plus the following in carry over hours:
- An automatic 10 day carry over (requires no action from the employee or supervisor) Employees can request to have these 10 days transferred from their vacation bank, to their sick bank by sending an email to the Director of Payroll.
- APSS, CEBA and Meet & Confer employees only – An additional 5 day carry over on an exception basis due to workload with supervisor approval and email to the Director of Payroll.
Vacation hours above the allowed limits will be forfeited according to the contracts/handbook. Use the following to determine if you will lose vacation hours as of December 31:
- Using the Leave Bank Summary on your most recent pay stub:
- End balance hours, minus (-) hours earned, minus (-) hours carry over allowed (according to contract/handbook) = potential hours lost
- Example 1 – End balance hours of 294 hours – 240 hours earned – 80 hours carry over = <26.0> hours (Employee is not at risk of losing any vacation hours)
- Example 2 – End balance hours of 360 hours – 240 hours earned -80 hours carry over = 40.0 hours (Employee needs to use by December 31 to avoid losing)
Does the vacation bank carry over apply to the faculty as well?
Please contact HR.