GRCC Employees enrolled in the WMHIP-BCBS health plans can get over-the-counter COVID-19 tests in-person at Walmart, Rite Aid and Sam’s Club pharmacies
- Effective February 1, 2022, WMHIP-BCBS members can obtain free, over the counter COVID-19 tests in-person at BCBS at-home testing preferred pharmacy network.
- The preferred network includes pharmacies within Walmart, Rite Aid and Sam’s Club stores.
- Members must get tests at the pharmacy counter and present their Blue Cross member ID card.
- You can find information about the preferred pharmacy network at bcbsm.com/coronavirus.
If you purchased an at-home test between January 15 and January 31 or purchased an at-home test ordered by a provider and want to be reimbursed, submit this BC/BS Member Reimbursement form. BC/BS members must complete the member reimbursement form and mail it in (along with receipts). BCBS Member Reimbursement form is also available through your member account.
Coverage from non-preferred pharmacies
Starting February 1, BC/BS pharmacy benefit manager will reimburse you if you purchased a test online or at a non-preferred pharmacy you can be reimbursed for $12 or the cost of the test, whichever is lower. To request reimbursement, submit thisCovid-19 Test Optumrx Reimbursement form.
Additional information on OTC Covid-19 Test Coverage:
- Each member can obtain up to eight qualifying, FDA-authorized at-home tests every month. Some test kits include two tests per box. Those kits would count as two tests.
- To qualify for the preferred network, tests must be obtained on or after February 1, 2022.
- An order from a qualified health professional isn’t required to obtain over the counter at‑home tests from the preferred network.
- Blue Cross continues to pay for diagnostic laboratory tests if they’re FDA authorized and ordered by a qualified health professional. Coverage is under the medical plan.
- Reimbursement doesn’t apply for tests used for employment purposes.
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Debra Davis ext-4175 or Maria Belmares Herrera ext-4052.