GRCC’s Strategic Leadership Team (SLT) met on Friday, September 16th, from 9-11:30am. Here is a recap of the meeting:
- The team held the meeting in a HyFlex format, providing an option for both in-person and virtual attendance. GRCC’s Media Team provided key support for these efforts, which were a first for the College!
- Team members heard Dr. Olivarez’s opening remarks about the importance of SLT and the strategic planning process at GRCC as well as a recap of the Framework approved by the Board of Trustees in June. The presentation also covered how the work of SLT fits into the overall GRCC system and continuous improvement cycle. Additionally, the SLT Executive Team shared that this new Framework will allow for both Strategic Initiatives (SIs) and the College Action Projects (CAPs) that we’ve had in the past.
- All information related to the updated Strategic Plan Framework can be found on the Strategic Plan 2022-25 webpage.
- Team members heard an update on the nominees for the three open SLT Executive Team positions and an electronic voting process to follow the meeting. Members then participated in a Mix Max Table Discussion to provide suggestions on updating the SLT Bylaws.
- Team members participated in a second Mix Max Table Discussion to provide input into potential Strategic Initiatives and College Action Projects to help us address the Goal 1-5 Priorities. Members also provided suggestions regarding specific data/information needed to investigate their ideas.
- Before the meeting adjourned, Lisa Freiburger, GRCC’s Vice President for Finance and Administration, provided an important update with regards to the state’s Civil Rights Compliance Review. SLT members who are a part of the team preparing for this review were invited to attend a meeting about this opportunity following the SLT meeting.
- SLT’s next meeting is Friday, October 14th and will be held at the Lakeshore Campus. During this meeting, SLT members will continue to work on the implementation of GRCC’s 2022-25 Strategic Plan Framework.
Please contact Sheila Jones, email@example.com, if you have any questions about SLT meetings.
About the Strategic Leadership Team: The purpose of the Strategic Leadership Team (SLT) is to provide a forum that enables a wide variety of college constituency groups the opportunity to provide input into the present and future direction of the College. This team will guide the development and on-going implementation of our strategic plan, review benchmarking data, study budget realities and offer recommendations for budget priorities. SLT’s membership includes over 90 representatives of the college community. Please visit this page to learn more about SLT.