New Season: Speaking of Teaching
TLDE’s podcast, Speaking of Teaching, is beginning a new season. The first episode is out, featuring Sam Sprague of Psychology. We discuss Sam’s path to GRCC, her classroom game of “fear pong,” and more! Check back this Monday and every other Monday after for new episodes.
Recent Panopto Workshop Recordings Now Available
Reminder for Online and Hybrid Course Developers
The policy requiring distance courses to meet Distance Learning standard approval goes back into effect for Winter 23. This means that any distance course must be approved by DLIT before the start of WI23 to remain on the schedule in online or hybrid modality. Please reach out to DLIT@grcc.edu with any questions.
Spots Still Available: Think Again Learning Circle
We still have a few spots open in the Learning Circle focused on Think Again: The power of knowing what you don’t know by Adam Grant. The learning circle will meet virtually in the evenings from 6:00-7:30 p.m. on the following dates: October 6, November 3, and December 1.
“This book has changed how I ask questions in my class,” according to one reader of Think Again. Did you receive a copy of the book from the CTE this summer? Have you already read Think Again? Are you intrigued by the author’s premise that in a rapidly changing world, we need to spend as much time rethinking as we do thinking? Please join us for a learning circle to discuss the reading and explore strategies to build cultures of learning in our work. Contact email@example.com to reserve your book and spot in the learning circle.
Featured Upcoming Workshops/Events and Reminders:
- Classroom Observation Training – Wednesday, 9/28, 3-4 p.m., In Person
- Classroom Observation Training – Friday, 9/30, 10-11 a.m., In Person
- Curriculog Training – Friday, 9/30, 10-11 a.m., HyFlex
- Design-Based Research in Education – Friday, 9/30, 12-2 p.m., In Person
- Online-Hybrid Certification Course – Monday, 10/30-Sunday, 11/13, Online
- Reminder: ETOM Fall 2022 Conference Proposals due on October 4 and Conference @ GVSU on November 4. See http://etom.org/event/fall2022conference for more information.
- Reminder: Community of Practice ImpACT Grant applications due on October 21, 2022. As previously announced during the latest Read to Act Collective, this opportunity is still available. See the attached document for all of the details.
Please visit CTE’s Calendar and Programming webpage for the current listing of all Fall 2022 Professional Development opportunities being offered by TLDE!