Midwest Institute for International-Intercultural Education
Did you know that GRCC is a member of the Midwest Institute for International-Intercultural Education? The Midwest Institute for International-Intercultural Education (MIIIE) is a self-funded consortium of two-year colleges.
Its primary mission is to provide curriculum and professional development by organizing workshops, conferences, and funding for college projects. Visit MIIE’s website to learn more information about their events and learning materials. To access the learning materials, contact Sheila Jones to obtain the GRCC member access code.
On Monday, December 5, MIIE is hosting its first Zoom-based Book discussion ofLeading with Dignity by Donna Hicks. The discussion will take place from 7:00-9:30pm (Eastern Time) and will feature the following:
- Summary and critique of the book by Holly Norton (University of Northwestern Ohio, serving at the reviewer-facilitator) for 30-45 minutes.
- Video interview of the author by Badri Rao for 55 minutes.
- Facilitation of group discussion for 50-60 minutes by Holly Norton.
Featured Upcoming Workshops/Events and Reminders:
- Tips and Tricks Fall 2022 – Thursday, 11/3 – 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. – Hyflex
- 1st Year Assessment of Student Learning Training – Friday, 11/4 – 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. in Person – 315 RJF Hall
- Managing the Grading Load – Thursday, 11/10 – 12:00 to 1:00 p.m. – Hyflex
- Instructional Design Charrette – Wednesday, 11/16 – 12:00 to 1:00 p.m. – Hyflex
Please visit CTE’s Calendar and Programming webpage for the current listing of all Fall 2022 Professional Development opportunities being offered by TLDE!