GRCC’s GELOs: Understanding and Assessing the New General Education Learning Outcomes (GELOs)
Do you have questions about the new general education learning outcomes? Are you looking for creative ways to assess those outcomes? If so, we have sessions for you. Throughout this semester, we will be offering two workshops, “Understanding the New General Education Learning Outcomes” and “Creating Effective Assessment.” During the first workshop, we will provide a comprehensive overview of our new general education learning outcomes and offer assessment ideas. There will be time for participants to share their assessment techniques as well as time for Q and A. The second workshop will focus on practical ways to create, revise, and improve course-level assessment. Visit our Calendar and Programming page for a full list of session dates and to register.
Save the Date: LibreFest 2023 – March 22-23
As part of our ongoing Open Educational Resources (OER) initiative, the OER team would like to invite all interested faculty, staff, and administrators to join them for LibreFest 2023 to support faculty in adapting or creating OER for instructional materials. The use of OER supports diversity, equity, and inclusion while allowing students to save money and institutions to improve pedagogy.
OER are being used by many institutions of higher education across the nation. Prince George’s Community College (PGCC) in Largo, Maryland, has received funding to improve access to these resources through LibreTexts. We are hosting a two-day workshop in
partnership with PGCC, with morning sessions from 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and afternoon Sessions from 12:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Lunch will be provided between the sessions on both days. Please see here for more information and visit our Calendar and Programming page below to register.
AI Articles & Resources
Here in TLDE, we’ve been having a lot of conversations about Artificial Intelligence (AI) and ChatGPT. We’re continuing to update this Google document with articles and resources for those interested in learning more. The Resources page of the Educational Technology Organization of Michigan also has helpful links.
Reminder – Blackboard Ultra Base Navigation: Stay Tuned for More Details!
In the coming weeks, you will hear more about Blackboard Ultra Base Navigation. Stay tuned for more details via college-wide IT Notification emails. We have also organized the learning opportunities noted below.
Featured Upcoming Workshops/Events/Information:
- Introducing Blackboard Ultra Base Navigation – Friday, February 24, 10 to 11 a.m. and Tuesday, February 28, 2 to 3 p.m., Virtual
- Understanding the New General Education Learning Outcomes- Tuesday, February 28, Noon to 1:30 p.m., In Person ** Light Snacks will be provided.
- Understanding the New General Education Learning Outcomes- Friday, March 17, 1:30 to 3 p.m. – Virtual
- Understanding Blackboard Ultra Base Navigation – Tuesday, March 21, 10 to 11 a.m. and Wednesday, March 22, 2 to 3 p.m., Virtual
- Winter Semester TLDE Faculty Liaison Office Hours, Virtually: Tuesdays 1 to 3 p.m. (email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a virtual appointment).
- TLDE Office Information: The TLDE office location is RJF 373. TLDE staff are available Mondays – Fridays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. to assist you! Please stop by the office, email email@example.com, or call 616-234-3205 and we will be happy to assist you!
Please visit CTE’s Calendar and Programming webpage for the current listing of all Winter 2023 Professional Development opportunities being offered by TLDE!