**Important Blackboard Announcement**
IT Notification – Blackboard Ultra Base Navigation
(Copy of Email from IT on Tuesday, February 7, at 10:00am)
On Saturday, May 6, between 9 a.m. – 11 a.m., GRCC IT will be updating Blackboard to incorporate the new Ultra Base Navigation. This new navigation has a sleek, modern look and feel, and will save you time with simpler workflows and easier access to important information.
What is Ultra Base Navigation?
It is a more modern, intuitive navigation menu that provides quick access to the most critical information from across all courses in Blackboard Learn. It creates a more engaging, efficient, and enjoyable experience for students and instructors, without having to change courses.
What does this mean for me?
Your courses will not change. They will look and operate exactly as they do now.
- Starting May 6th, you will see the new navigation as soon as you sign into Blackboard Learn.
How will this enhance your efficiency and experience?
- Modern, intuitive user experience.
- Works well on mobile devices. This navigation is designed to work well regardless of which device you’re using.
- Aggregates important information. All your course and organization information like calendar, messages, and grades, is now consolidated into one global view, minimizing the time spent navigating into each individual course.
- Only one click away. See something that needs your attention? Just click on it and you will be taken directly there, minimizing clicks and saving time.
- Optional Ultra Course View. With the Ultra Base Navigation, interested faculty will be able to pilot Blackboard’s new course interface, the Ultra Course View. Please contact us to learn more.
How can I check it out early?
You are able to check out Blackboard Ultra Base Navigation prior to May 6th in our Blackboard Staging site located at bbstaging.grcc.edu. In addition, the Blackboard Staging site was refreshed with all your course and organization data as of 1/15. Please note any changes in our Blackboard Production site (bb.grcc.edu) after 1/15 will not be reflected in the Blackboard Staging environment, since it was a one time refresh.
Where can I find more information?
We’ve provided some links below to Ultra Base Navigation references to get you started. In addition, the Teaching, Learning, and Distance Education (TLDE) area will be offering several Blackboard Ultra Base Navigation learning opportunities in the coming months. Please check out their upcoming events and registration page for more information. TLDE also has created a Ultra Base Navigation transition page that has plenty of information and resources available for you to reference. Please contact TLDE with any questions you may have regarding Blackboard Ultra Base Navigation at CTE@grcc.edu or (616) 234-3205.
Featured Upcoming TLDE Workshops/Events:
- Introducing Blackboard Ultra Base Navigation – Friday, February 24, 10 to 11 a.m. and Tuesday, February 28, 2 to 3 p.m., Virtual
- Understanding the New General Education Outcomes- Tuesday, February 28, noon to 1:30 p.m., In Person **Light Snacks will be provided.
- LibreFest 2023 – Wednesday, March 22 and Thursday, March 23, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. **Lunch will be provided on both days.
- Winter Semester TLDE Faculty Liaison Office Hours, Virtually: Tuesdays 1 to 3 p.m. (email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a virtual appointment).
- TLDE Office Information: The TLDE office location is RJF 373. TLDE staff are available Mondays – Fridays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. to assist you! Please stop by the office, email email@example.com, or call 616-234-3205 and we will be happy to assist you!
Please visit CTE’s Calendar and Programming for the current listing of all Winter 2023 Professional Development opportunities being offered by TLDE!