CTE + DLIT = TLDE
We continue to be very excited that the areas formerly known as the CTE (Center for Teaching Excellence) and DLIT (Distance Learning and Instructional Technologies) are now joined as TLDE (Teaching, Learning, and Distance Education). Over the next few months, you are going to see changes in some of our structures, including our website, in order to provide more enhanced and streamlined support to GRCC faculty. The first of these changes is a new email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can now reach us at this email address and please stay tuned for future updates as we convert the CTE and DLIT websites into one TLDE site!
Application Open: 2023 Great Teachers Seminar!
“If properly tapped, the collective wisdom, experience, and creativity of any group of practicing educators far surpass that of any individual expert.” — David Gottshall, National Great Teachers Movement Founder
The Great Teachers Seminar is a three-day retreat for GRCC teachers to exchange ideas around teaching and building community. This year’s seminar will be held in Grand Rapids on August 1-3, 2023. Please visit the Great Teachers website for more information and to apply. This opportunity is open to all GRCC full-time and adjunct faculty members. Applications are due May 5th.
Reminder: Blackboard Ultra Base Navigation
On Saturday, May 6th, between 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m., GRCC IT will be updating Blackboard to incorporate the new Ultra Base Navigation. This new navigation has a sleek, modern look and feel, and will save you time with simpler workflows and easier access to important information. Learn more on the Blackboard Ultra Base Navigation Transition Hub. See below for upcoming training session information and visit the hub to view recordings of previous informational sessions.
Featured Upcoming Workshops/Events:
- Understanding Blackboard Ultra Base Navigation – Tuesday, March 21st, 10:00 – 11:00 a.m. – Virtual
- LibreFest 2023 – Wednesday, March 22 and Thursday, March 23rd, 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. **Lunch will be provided on both days.
- Understanding Blackboard Ultra Base Navigation – Wednesday, March 22nd, 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. – Virtual
- Faculty Showcase – Wednesday, April 13th, 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. – HyFlex: ATC Theater and Virtual
- Winter Semester TLDE Faculty Liaison Office Hours, Virtually: Tuesdays 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. (email email@example.com to request a virtual appointment).
- Adjunct Faculty Support: Please reach out to Alyssa Spoolstra, Adjunct Faculty Liaison, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- TLDE Office Information: The TLDE office location is RJF 373. TLDE staff are available Mondays – Fridays from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. to assist you. Please stop by the office, email email@example.com, or call 616-234-3205 and we will be happy to help you!
Please visit CTE’s Calendar and Programming webpage for the current listing of all Winter 2023 Professional Development opportunities being offered by TLDE!