Archive for the ‘The Collegiate’ category
The Collegiate and Associate Degree Nursing Club are hosting a food drive which ends Dec. 16, 2016. All proceeds will go to the GRCC student food pantry, which can be found in the Student Life office.
Bins for donations will be located in:
● The Health Lab on the fourth floor of Cook Hall.
● The Math/Computer Lab on the first floor of Cook Hall.
● The Tutoring Lab on the first floor of the Science Building.
● The Student Life office on the first floor of the Student Center.
● Outside of the Enrollment Center on the first floor of the Main Building.
● The Collegiate Office, room 339 in the Main Building.
The staff of The Collegiate put together some tips on navigating campus parking. To see the video, click here.
“Collegiate News Update for February 14”
“Collegiate News Update: 2-7-14”
The Collegiate won six awards in 2013 Michigan Press Association’s Better Newspaper Contest College Division. The awards were announced last week.
The full results can be viewed here: http://www.michiganpress.org/AdPageThree.aspx
Here is a summary of The Collegiate awards:
- Feature Story, 1st Place: “To another world and back again,” Natalie Hillmann
- Column-Review or Blog-News or Sports Entries, 2nd Place: “The quest for a great cup of coffee,” Natalie Hillmann
- Sports News/Features, 1st Place: “Built Raider Tough,” Greg Wickliffe.
- Sports News/Features, Hon. Mention: “Never Give Up,” Greg Wickliffe.
- Editorial, 1st Place: “Student Congress disbandment for the best,” Justin Dawes.
- Feature or Sports Photo, 3rd Place: “Back to Nature,” Miranda Haddix.
The Collegiate, GRCC’s award-winning student newspaper and web publication, is looking for a new team of student editors for the 2013/14 school year and faculty and staff are encouraged to share this opportunity with their brightest and best student writers, photographers, graphic artists and page designers. Curious students with excellent writing and editing skills, are encouraged to apply for the open editor positions listed below. These are paid positions that involve a serious time commitment in exchange for a rewarding on-the-job learning experience directly applicable to careers in journalism, public relations, writing, editing, sports information, broadcasting, photography, magazine publishing and business.
The Editor-in-chief application can be found here.
And the application for the other editor positions — News Editor, Photo Editor,Web & Design Editor, Sports Editor, Arts & Entertainment Editor, Magazine/Features Editor — can be found here.
Ideal candidates have already completed JR 251 and JR 252, however students who have successfully completed advanced English courses are welcome to apply now and take JR 251 and JR 252 during their editing tenure. Students are encouraged to apply for all the positions they are interested in to ensure that they will be considered for more than one if applicable. Questions about these editing jobs, can be directed to Jennifer Ackerman-Haywood, The Collegiate Adviser, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Collegiate is also looking for a Business Manager to manage ad sales for both the print and online publications. This student will earn a commission from the ad sales. Interested students can contact The Collegiate adviser directly.
The application deadline is July 22.