Departmental deposits that are sent over to the Cashier’s Office need to be accompanied by a deposit slip. Please do not send checks with a sticky note with just the account number. We need to keep better track of where the deposits come from, and we can contact you if there are any questions regarding the deposit.
Please email Diana Miranda at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need slips (an electronic option is available).
Congratulations to Jennifer Kowalski, of the Cashier’s Office, and Brian Scott, who welcomed a new baby boy into their family! Ryder Thomas Scott arrived on October 13, weighing 9 pounds, 5 ounces, and 20 inches long. Jenn, Brian, big brother Oliver, and baby Ryder are all doing great!
The Cashier’s Office is now back in our permanent office space! Thanks Student Records Office for hosting us!
The Cashier’s Office will be located in the Records Office from May 18 – 25th. If you need any assistance from the Cashier’s Office including departmental deposits, please stop in the Records Office to see the Cashier’s Representative. Thanks so much for your patience during this week!
We extend our condolences to Nancy White, of the Cashier’s Office, and her family on the death of her niece, Shardella White-Smith, on Nov. 1.
Service areas will be offering extended hours and a Service Saturday in preparation to the start of the Winter semester. The Academic Advising and Transfer Center, Cashiers, Enrollment Center, Financial Aid, Student Life and Student Records will be offering extended hours on the following days and times:
Week of January 2-6:
- Tuesday-Thursday, Jan. 3-5 — 8 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Friday, Jan. 6 — 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Service Saturday, JAN. 7 — 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. (Academic Advising and Student Records will be working from the Enrollment Center)
Week of January 9-13:
- Monday-Thursday, Jan. 9-12 — 8 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Friday, Jan. 13 — 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The Bookstore will also be offering extended hours, please visit its website for complete details.
Beginning this fall, our new tuition refund policy will go into effect. Students will receive a 100 percent refund through the first 5 percent of the calendar days for their class and 50 percent through the first 10 percent of calendar days. The campus activities fee, technology fee, facilities maintenance fee, and course fees will be refunded on this scale. The student records fee will be nonrefundable once classes start each semester.
Earlier this year, the refund policy was changed. Below are a couple of sections that we want to highlight and make sure you understand before the Fall 2016 semester begins. Click here for the entire Student Refund policy.
1. Process to initiate refund:
A student must initiate a refund by dropping a class via the online student center or by going to the Enrollment Center to obtain assistance with the online process. The percentage of tuition refunded to the students who drop classes will be calculated for each class based on (1) the number of calendar days (including weekends) between the class start date and the end date (regardless of the number of days the class has met and/or the student has attended and (2) the date the drop is initiated by the student. Exceptions shall be made when the College cancels a class.
- Withdraw before 5% of calendar days………..100% refund
- Withdraw before 10% of calendar days………50 % refund
- Withdraw after 10% of calendar days…………0% refund
The following College fees will be refunded based on the same percentage as the tuition refund schedule: Technology Fee, Facility Maintenance Fee, Campus Activity Fee and Course Fees.
The Student Records fee is non-refundable.
2. Refund Appeals
To be considered for refunds for unusual circumstances, a student must complete the Tuition and Fee Refund Appeal Application. Refer to the Tuition and Fees Refund Appeal Application for appeal guidelines, requirements and the appeal review process. Appeals will be accepted for review for 30 days after the end of each semester. Appeals submitted after this time period will not be accepted.
Contact the Cashier’s Office (x4020) if you have any questions.
Changes to the student refund process:
- HigherOne will be changed to BankMobile
- There will be a new website but the HigherOne.com will be directed to BankMobile for a long time.
- New students will no longer receive a GRCC Refund Access Card (inactive debit card) in the mail from HigherOne in order to activate their refund preference
- Current students will not be re-carded – HigherOne card will still work
- Student will receive a Refund Selection kit from BankMobile with a Personal Code to validate identity and promote the electronic deposit to another account. (Same bright green envelope) Only the students that want to open an account with BankMobile will receive a debit card.
- Since May 4th, students have been using the Cardtronics/Allpoint ATMs to access funds. We have one Allpoint ATM located in Student Center, 1st Allpoint ATMs are nationwide and can be found from the link on our web page.
What we can do to help with this change?:
- Please discard any HigherOne materials (handouts, posters, ect.) in your departments. Contact the Cashiers Office for new BankMobile materials.
Remove all reference to HigherOne, Higher One, GRCCRefundAccessCard.com, HigherOne.com, and any hyperlinks, from your department web pages. Please reference and/or link to the Cashier’s Office
Congratulations to Jennifer Kowalski, of the Cashier’s Office, and Brian Scott ,who welcomed new baby boy Oliver James Scott into the world on Sunday, May 31st. Oliver weighed 9 pounds, 13 ounces, and was 21.5 inches long.
Students can learn about accounting, event management and purchasing from people in those careers — and enjoy some pizza!
As part of GRCC’s 100 Ways to Give anniversary celebration, professionals on GRCC’s finance and administration staff will talk about their careers and answer questions from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. April 8 in the ATC atrium.
Students can hear about opportunities in:
- accounting and budget services.
- campus policing.
- event management.
- financial aid.
- human resources.
A pizza lunch will be provided. Questions? Email email@example.com.