There’s a seat with your name on it in any of these upcoming staff development sessions:
- Friday, March 22 – Label Reading, noon-1 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 26 – StrengthsFinder, 10 a.m.-noon
- Friday, March 29 – Fitness can be N.E.A.T., noon-1 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 10 – Coaching Skills for Managers, 1-3 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 17 – GRCC Purchasing Policy, 1-2:30 p.m.
- Friday, April 19 – Game Play: Active as a Family, noon-1 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 15 – Non-Verbal Communication, 1- p.m.
- Friday, May 17 – Living a Healthy Lifestyle, noon-1 p.m.
Also – Learn how to update a webpage with Drupal Training! Available:
- Thursday, March 28, 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- Thursday, April 25, 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- Thursday, May 30, 10:30-11:30 a.m.
More Information about these interesting sessions can be found on the Professional Development page.
And there is LOTS of Google going on – get ready! The Gmail/Google Calendar transition is only six weeks away!
Visit Google for GRCC to sign up for upcoming GMail/Google Calendar training.
Questions? Contact Angela (email@example.com).
Here are the professional development opportunities Human Resources has prepared for staff and faculty this week:
Wednesday, 9/26: Benefits 101
- These sessions will provide an overview of health plans, FSA, HSA, and optional benefits offered through Grand Rapids Community College.
Thursday, 9/27: Drupal Basics
- In this course, participants will learn to navigate the Drupal system, understand and use content types, and edit existing content.
Friday, 9/28: Fitness in the Workplace (NEW Session)
- Most Americans with desk jobs report not getting enough exercise. Additionally, prolonged sitting, especially at a computer, can cause strain on muscles and joints, particularly of the neck and back, and cause pain. Simple changes can be incorporated into your workday to help to you become more active, reduce stress, and feel good! This seminar will discuss proper desk ergonomics, stretches, and light exercises you can do around your workplace; stress reduction strategies; and how to make easy behavior changes that can help you feel great throughout the day!
Go to the Registration webpage to see details on these sessions and to register. Seats are filling up fast, so register today!
Drupal Basics – Editing Content Workshop Today
Join us today to learn how to navigate the Drupal system, understand and use content types, and edit existing content. The workshop will be held from 2:00 to 3:00 p.m. in room 351 Main.
If you are not able to make today’s session, there will be another workshop next week, June 26.
For details, visit our Learning Opportunities page.
This week the Web Team will be migrating to Drupal 8, and are excited for the improvements this will bring to our website and web editor interface.
Website updates include a slight tweak in the font and appearance of our navigation menus found in the left-hand sidebar. This will give users a clean menu presentation that is easy to navigate.
Web users will see some slight changes, but this upgrade is intended to enhance web editors’ current toolset and add features that will help them manage their content workflow.
Training for web editors will be offered twice in January through Staff Development. If you have any questions or comments, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.