Andrea Hayes and Meghan VanderMale from the GRCC math department are working with Javier Ronquillo Rivera from GVSU to host a Math Teachers’ Circle at Fountain Hill Brewery tonight from 6:30-8:30 p.m.
GRCC math instructors will join K-12 math teachers in the area for socializing and doing fun math activities. The Math Teachers’ Circle may become an ongoing event if there is interest from the community.
About the event:
- What: A gathering of educators and others to socialize, enjoy some beverages and food, and play with some interesting math problems.
- Where: Fountain Hill Brewery on GRCC’s main campus.
- When: March 21st 2019 from 6:30-8:30 pm.”
- Activity: Mathematical mind reading! Participants will be able to have their minds read, then use inductive reasoning skills to figure out how the mind reader is working their magic (hint: they use a mathematical concept that we teach our students!)
Fountain Hill Brewery’s tasty brews will be available for purchase, and snacks will be provided.
Contact Meghan VanderMale at email@example.com for information.
GRCC is proud of its community partnerships! The craft brewing program of GRCC’s Secchia institute for Culinary Education teamed up with The Knickerbocker — New Holland Brewing in Grand Rapids and created a special brew – the appropriately named “Syllabus.” New Holland named the Secchia Institute the brewery’s Community Tap for November, with a portion of sales benefiting GRCC students. Last week, The Knickerbocker team presented President Bill Pink and Chef Werner Absenger, Secchia Institute for Culinary Education program director, a check for $1,000 for scholarships for students in the craft brewing program. They were joined by professors Jacob Brenner and Amanda Harper of the Fountain Hill Brewery.
New and existing members of The 500 Club enjoyed lunch on the rooftop parking lot of College Park Plaza on Friday, September 7. Members also became part of The 500 Club Mug Club and received a personalized mug to be used at Fountain Hill Brewery.
The Fountain Hill Brewery will be open from 5:30-8:30 p.m. on Wednesday and Thursday evenings on the dates listed below:
- September: 5, 6, 12, 13, 19, 20, 26, 27
- October: 3, 4, 10, 11, 17, 18, 24, 25, 31
- November: 1, 7, 8, 14, 15, 28, 29
- January: 23, 24, 30, 31
- February: 6, 7, 13, 14, 20, 21, 27, 28
- March: 13, 14, 20, 21, 27, 28
- April: 3, 4, 10, 11
Want to receive the latest updates about the Fountain Hill Brewery? Join the Friends of Secchia Institute for Culinary Education e-Club.
You can also follow the Fountain Hill Brewery on Facebook.