Boot Camp with Lannie is canceled for Tuesday, April 30.
Please plan on joining in this Thursday, May 2, from noon-12:45 p.m., for the next session.
Wondering what other fun fitness activities are available this summer at GRCC? The new summer employee fitness schedule begins THIS WEEK – see details on the Group Exercise page!
Do you or any students you know need to complete the fourth semester of Spanish? Do it in 7 weeks this summer!
SP 232 – Intermediate Spanish II (SP 232 8797) runs Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, June 25 through August 13, from 10 a.m.-noon.
On Friday, April 12, nearly 100 students, parents, and faculty gathered for the Study Away Student Pre-Departure Orientation. This orientation provides information around overall safety to those leading and participating in our 5 Study Away trips this summer.
This summer’s trips represents the 8th year GRCC has offered these travel experiences for students. We processed over 150 applications for 5 trips – a record number. This year, nearly 80 students will be participating in these trips (another record!).
Summer 2019 Trips:
- Costa Rica (Sherry Knoppers/Laura Moody)
- France (Hillery Haney/Katie Budden)
- France/Germany (Sasha Ahmed/Audrey Heckwolf)
- Italy (Kimberly OverdeVest/Audrey Heckwolf)
- Spain (Sean Mackey/Megan Lockard)
- Development of these trips began over 16 months ago, were vetted and approved 12 months ago.
- All trips are short-term (roughly 2-weeks).
- All trips are a part of a course and faculty-led as well as having a Support Person (an additional GRCC employee).
- Most of these faculty have led these trips for several years (borderline veterans).
- Students are required to apply and pass a criminal background check, a code of conduct review as well as other vetting criteria.
- All students will have submitted all required travel paperwork and have been paid-in-full prior to departure.
- Many students will be flying for the first time, and will have received their very first Passport.
Information is presented in a way that allows the speakers to share from their level of expertise while also providing leeway for other speakers to interject when appropriate:
- Welcome – Michael Schavey
- Faculty Trip Introduction – Faculty Leaders
- General Safety – Chief Whitman
- Overall Conduct – Kimberly DeVries
- Personal Health – Katie Hughes
- Student Issues and Removal – Michael Schavey
- Collect Forms and Conduct/Safety Agreement – Michael Schavey
- Trip Swag – Michael Schavey
- Group Photo – Michael Schavey
TRIO/Student Support Services is holding Summer Research Fair from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. today in the Raider Grille.
Participating programs include:
- The University of Michigan UROP Community College Summer Fellowship.
- Michigan Technological University MICUP.
- The University of Michigan School of Information.
- Van Andel Institute.
- Summer Health Professions Education Program.
- PTK/Office of Experiential Learning.
Information on a variety of opportunities will be available. Come, learn, get involved, and make a difference! Snacks will be provided.
Subway and Patatas will be open over the summer at the following times:
- Monday-Thursday 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Friday 9:00 a.m. – 1: p.m.
- Monday-Thursday 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Closed on Friday