GRCC’s Strategic Leadership Team (SLT) met on Friday, January 27th, from 9 a.m.-Noon. Here is a recap of the meeting.
SLT Operations – Team members heard an update on the following:
- The updated SLT Bylaws are now posted on the Strategic Leadership Team website.
- SLT Exec is working with Vicki Janowiak, Chair of the SLT Subcommittee to Fund Action Projects, to update the SLT Funding Request Form and Process. The Subcommittee is also in need of new members. If you are interested in serving on the subcommittee, including as its Chair, please contact Vicki.
- SLT Exec continues to collaborate with our Strategic Goal Co-Leads to support existing Strategic Initiatives (SIs) and College Action Projects (CAPs). In addition, there is a new form that any GRCC stakeholder can complete to propose a new SI and/or CAP.
GRCC Admissions and Recruitment Presentation:
In an effort to focus on one of our 2022-25 Strategic Plan Framework’s overarching principles, Enrollment is a focus for all GRCC stakeholders, attendees heard a presentation from Lori Cook, Francisco Ramirez, and Jason Schueller, about current admissions and recruitment efforts. The presentation included information from the popular “Recruit your Barista!” professional development session. Please see here for a copy of the presentation slides and here for a brief video featured in the presentation about why our students love GRCC! Also, stay tuned for additional opportunities to attend a Recruit your Barista! workshop.
The Finish Line Game:
Attendees participated in a facilitated game session, focusing on another of our Strategic Plan Framework’s overarching principles, Equity encompasses all 5 goals. The game provided a closer look into the everyday experiences of community college students, followed by a discussion. Members are invited to complete this form to continue the conversation.
Closing Remarks – The following announcements were shared at the close of the meeting:
- The annual department plan and budget, IT, and space request overview training will be held on Wednesday, February 1, from 2 to 3 p.m. in the ATC auditorium (room 168). A virtual attendance option is also available. This overview covers the non-academic department plan process and is intended for new Budget Control Officers (BCOs) or anyone who wishes to have a refresher on these processes.
- We are organizing a campus read featuring The Great Upheaval: Higher Education’s Past, Present, and Uncertain Future by Arthur Levine and Scott Van Pelt. Please review and submit this interest form to learn more!
If you were unable to attend the meeting and would like to watch the recording, please click here. You can also view the SLT January 27th presentation slides here.
Friday’s SLT events also included another meeting with the new Strategic Goal leads. If you are interested in volunteering to serve on any of the potential Strategic Initiatives (SIs) and/or College Action Projects (CAPs) aligned with the five Strategic Goals, please let the SLT Executive Team know by sending an email to SLTExec@grcc.edu.
Please contact Sheila Jones, email@example.com, if you have any questions about SLT meetings or how you can get involved with SLT initiatives.
About the Strategic Leadership Team: The purpose of the Strategic Leadership Team (SLT) is to provide a forum that enables a wide variety of college constituency groups the opportunity to provide input into the present and future direction of the College. This team will guide the development and on-going implementation of our strategic plan, review benchmarking data, study budget realities and offer recommendations for budget priorities. SLT’s membership includes over 90 representatives of the college community. Please visit this page to learn more about SLT.