Interested in service learning or the Armen Awards?
Your first step to becoming part of the service learning family and win up to $3,000 begins with this session on Friday, September 6th from 9:15-10:15am title, “Introduction to Service Learning.”
- Explain the difference between service learning and volunteering.
- Identify the benefits of service learning for the instructor and students.
- Describe the process and requirements associated with integrating service learning into a course.
- Identify available resources.
- Identify potential challenges involved with integrating service learning into a course.
- Articulate the deadlines for completing the Curriculum Integration Plan.
- Identify who can assist with completion of the plan.
- Explain the review and approval process.
At GRCC, service learning has been and continues to be one of the most rewarding teaching and learning practices. Impacting over 1,000 students each year, service learning is offered across all disciplines. As a proven effective pedagogy, service learning has a positive impact on academic, social and cultural variables. Both students and faculty report that service learning increases the understanding and depth of course content while promoting the knowledge and understanding of civic and social issues.
Be sure to register through the Center for Teaching Excellence for the session.
Can’t make it…..contact the following faculty to help you get started (Dillon Carr, Leigh Kleinert or Melanie Schiele-Gady)