The Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention oversight team monitors, evaluates, and makes recommendations for improvement for the Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Program (DAAPP).
The DAAPP supports student and employee awareness, education, and coordinated programming for drug and alcohol prevention. This covers training, compliance notification, policy review, and programming based on an established timeline.
Over the last year we have:
- Completed and presented the DAAPP Biennial Review Report.
- Conducted the prevention program evaluation, including recommendations for changes.
- Offered programming at the fall and winter Welcome Week, and during the winter semester.
- Emailed compliance notification to students, faculty and staff.
- In the coming year we plan to:
- Use feedback to improve awareness and training for employees.
- Improve the notification open rate for students.
- Explore how to increase the program awareness offerings for students through an online solution.
- Leverage existing programs.
The team is comprised of Campus Police, I.T., Human Resources, Counseling and Career Development, Financial Aid, CRM Coordinator, IRP, Dean of Student Affairs Office, Student Life and Conduct, Office of General Counsel, and Faculty representatives.